Informations about an existing terminal
The passenger terminal is a modern four-storey building with complete infrastructure, designed in line with contemporary architectural trends. The terminal has three floors above ground and underground floor. The capacity of the building is 38,500 cubic metres. It has 7,260 square metres of usable area. The estimated handling capacity of the terminal is 3.000.000 passengers per year.
The entire building has been designed with functionality and easy movement in mind. This is highly appreciated by the passengers, as it facilitates speedy and efficient personal and luggage checks, convenient and quick baggage handling, provides 660 guarded car parking spaces, and so on. The terminal has been designed for the needs of the disabled. In 2004, the work has started on the adaptation of the passenger terminal to the requirements imposed by the Schengen Treaty on transboundary traffic. As a result, the terminal will be fully prepared for handling air traffic within the EU as well as to and from non-member states.
The passenger terminal and airport are under a 24-hour surveillance by the Security and Technical Control Centre, which operates with the following systems:
The passenger terminal of the Gdansk Lech Walesa Airport offers the travellers a very broad range of services and sales outlets, thereby meeting the high expectations of carriers and their passengers as well as other airport users.
The passenger terminal offer includes:
- Kredyt Bank S.A. which offers a full range of banking services,
- a Currency Express exchange office which additionally offers such services as the cashing of traveller's cheques, Western Union money transfers and cash dispensing from credit cards,
- The Polish Post office,
- car rental offices representing such international chains as: AVIS, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, National CarRental,
- a tourist information office which offers assistance with hotel booking,
- Travelservice and Orbis Travel tour operators, servicing charter flights from Gdańsk and offering a broad range of tourist services related to selling package tours and organizing trips for visitors to Gdansk.
- DEJWIS Jewellery specialising in amber products Gdansk is famous for,
- a newsagent's representing the international RELAY chain,
- toiletries and alcoholic beverages offered by the international chain of duty-free shops EURO SHOP and by Baltona shops,
- restauracja Gdanska run by a famous Gdansk restaurateur,
- airline ticket offices.
- The Executive Lounge which offers services up to the highest standards, including professional attendance, a fine choice of drinks and meals, international newspapers and magazines, and an excellent AUDIO VIDEO system - all this combined with relaxation in a cosy atmosphere,
- offices for air carriers and the handling agent,
- Customs Office, Border Guard,
- advertisement display space and media,
- a ecumenical chapel.
Following a survey conducted by the Pracownia Badan Spolecznych Ltd. market research company passengers' preferences and their opinion on the quality of services rendered by regional airports in Poland, Gdansk Lech Walesa Airport was evaluated as follows:
- the best Polish airport in terms of the efficiency of passenger clearance,
- the second best in terms of friendliness of airport staff,
- the best in terms of the standard of the departure hall,
- the best in terms of departure announcements,
- the best in terms of actions taken in the event of flight disturbances.