The low-cost airline Ryanair confirmed today (3 January) that starting on Sunday they would reduce the standard charge for luggage checked in at the airport from €60/£60 to €30/£30, and from €60/£60 to €50/£50 for luggage checked in at the boarding gate.
This is the latest initiative of Ryanair intended to improve passenger service, with the following improvements:
- Launch of a new website Ryanair.com (previously 17, now 5 clicks to make a booking)
- 24-hour protection time (for correcting any booking errors)
- “Quiet flights” (before 8 am and after 9 pm)
- Introduction of a second piece of hand luggage
- Reduced fee for re-printing of a boarding pass and luggage tag
- Numbered seats on all flights from 1 February
- Launch of “My Ryanair” – a passenger registration system.
Additionally, they are preparing new products for companies and families with a new mobile application, a website adapted for different countries and a website adapted for mobile phones. The changes introduced by Ryanair are intended to make air travel more comfortable to our 81 million passengers.
Katarzyna Gaborec of Ryanair said:
‘Ryanair keeps striving to improve our passengers’ travel experience. We are really excited about the ongoing improvements in customer service. We listen carefully and respond to our passengers’ remarks so that they continue to count on low ticket prices and punctual flights while enjoying a reduced fee for luggage checked in at the airport, the possibility of bringing a second small bag on board, a reduced fee for printing a boarding pass for those who checked in online as well as the earlier improvements in website access, 24-hour protection time, quiet flights and more improvements to be introduced in the forthcoming months.’